Pinnguaq Association Job Board
Part Time S.T.E.A.M Educator: Iqaluit Makerspace
1412 Sikituuq Court, Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada, X0A 0H0
part-time . November 3, 2022
Reports to: Iqaluit Makerspace Educator
Job Type: Part-time September – June
Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hourly Wage: $21-$25
Closing Date: Until the position is filled, multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF IQALUIT ONLY
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and digital skills training by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous, and other communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative technology, art, and play.
What Does Success At Pinnguaq Look Like?
What does success look like at Pinnguaq?
- Engaging with thousands of young learners and adults across the country through the delivery of community-centered workshops
- Designing and deploying interactive experiences, online learning modules, and maker kits to teach STEAM fundamentals to all ages
- Publishing the nationally-recognized Root & STEM magazine, create a space to explore diverse voices and stories in STEAM
- Operating makerspaces in Nunavut provides hands-on access to tools, equipment, and training for inquisitive minds and makers.
As a member of our delivery team, you’ll engage directly with children and youth learners, helping them understand new concepts, explore possibilities within S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math), and develop new digital skills.
Support the delivery of after-school and evening day-to-day program content and activities;
- Be part of the delivery team and contribute positively to the Iqaluit Makerspace.
- Ensure a group of assigned learners is supervised and safe;
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in safe working condition before and after each day of camp;
- Clean and disinfect facility and equipment per COVID-19 safety measures and guidelines;
- Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques;
- Foster an environment wherein participants have the best experience in the space and are challenged in a positive, growth-minded manner;
- Represent the Pinnguaq Association respectfully and sensitively;
- Other duties as assigned.
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to the non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Outgoing positive attitude
- Willing to learn the programs we offer at the Iqaluit Makerspace
- Experience and willingness to learn to work with media, technology, and basic coding concepts is an assets.
- Comfortable learning new technology and digital tools.
- Passion for leading STEAM workshops.
- Work as a collaborative and flexible team player, capable of working in a dynamic team environment.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) will be a condition of the employment offer.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
To increase protection for the communities in which we work, we require all staff at Pinnguaq to be fully vaccinated, including a Booster vaccination and a recent Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.